|Overview||Hazardous materials and waste are part of many work situations, and can be found on many types of job sites. OSHA feels that it is so important for employees to know how to recognize these potentially dangerous substances (as well as how to handle and dispose of them properly) they have mandated that anyone working with these substances receive comprehensive training in this area.|
|Target Audience||All audiences|
• Chemical hazard concepts.
• Types of hazardous chemicals.
• Characteristics and effects of various types of chemicals.
• The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
• Container labeling.
• Safe handling practices.
• Use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Spills and cleanup.