- This event has passed.
Wearing FR Clothing for Electrical Arc Flash Protection
June 25, 2020 - June 26, 2020
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT – Flame-Resistant Apparel & Underlayers• FR apparel MUST be visually inspected BEFORE each use
• FR apparel that is contaminated or damaged MUST NOT be used.
• Protective items that become contaminated with grease, oil flammable liquids, or combustible liquids MUST NOT be used
• The garment manufacturer’s instructions for care and maintenance of FR apparel MUST be followed
• When the apparel is worn to protect an employee, it MUST cover all ignitable clothing and allow for movement and visibility
• FR apparel MUST cover potentially exposed areas as completely as possible.
• FR shirt sleeves MUST be FASTENED, TAILS TUCKED in at the waist and FR shirts/jackets MUST be CLOSED AT THE NECK