This course will provide general awareness on confined spaces, describe a permit-required confined space, and describe the job roles and responsibilities involved in confined space entry.
This session will review the requirements for confined space entry programs, permits, training, gas detection, equipment and rescue. Participants will gain an overview of the required elements of a successful confined space entry program.
|Target Audience||All audiences|
|CFR Reference||1926.1200 and 1910.146|
• Understand the duties of the attendant, entrant and supervisor
• Understand atmospheric hazards and atmospheric testing procedures
• Understand the parameters of the electronic gas monitor
• Understand the basic properties of the four main gases encountered in a confined space
• Understand ventilation techniques
• Describe the entry permit